Saturday, July 7, 2012

Living together



Relationships are like life in general ...  always ups and downs .... ying and yang. Especially in the beginning my now husband and me had to overcome quite some cultural differences. He's Korean - I'm German. And at that time we lived in India. Many misunderstandings - some miscommunication, many adjustments and compromise in the middle of falling in love. I guess just getting to know each other and understanding each other without language, just because we know each other, trust each other. I found this a very beautiful -  although sometimes painful - process. Even getting to know myself better, my weaknesses, my strengths, my desires, my hopes ... just myself. What do I expect from somebody else? What do I see in him? Do I accept that somebody is different than me?

And then the usual stuff of men and women being different. I don't know if all men are like this? But when there is trouble my guy rather withdraws, he retreats into his "cave", needing his own time. While I rather talk and talk and talk about it. Anyhow, now after more than 5 years together we got to know better and it's much easier to overcome difficulties together. We're still madly in love and happy together. Still laugh and cry together..although I guess the crying part is rather my department.  We have fun and can get serious, or just hang around do nothing. All in all a got dose of compromises seems to be very helpful. :-)

“There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."  -Friedrich Nietzsche


No comments:

Post a Comment