Friday, July 13, 2012

Rainy Days ...

This is one of those rainy days in Berlin. And it's supposed to be summer. Come on.



 I remember living in India how I loved those rainy days. There was so much of sun that I actually longed for a grey rainy day. Yes, believe me. I loved it. Hopefully could stay inside and watch it rain and rain and rain. A day to chill out, to escape the heat, to take it easy, to read a book and dream while sipping chai. But of course, if you had to go out, be ready to experience full blown monsoon weather. The rain just won't stop or even reduce. Sometimes if you were lucky it would get a bit less just to pour again half an hour later. Giving you just the time to reach home. Some experiences I had included getting stuck on the muddy road with the motorbike or driving to Pondicherry not seeing where you're actually driving.

 Once we're driving through not only a puddle but the whole road was at least half meter deep water. It felt like swimming with the bike. Reaching home you're soaked and just had to change completely. Get into dry warm clothes and make a hot steaming chai.

During summer monsoon it will be hot again quite quickly while winter monsoon even feels cold. I know noboby living in Europe believes me when I say you can feel cold in India but you do. Especially during December, Jan driving the bike or just passing a rain. Many Indians kids have to wear the cute monkey hats to keep warm.

Right now it's also raining in South India.  ...


However, this is an older picture. I just thought to give you an idea what monsoon can be like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment